
new office building
In my new office there’re so many people by many ras. Singaporean Chinese, Indian, American, Australian, Philippines, Thailand, Korean, Malay and of course, Indonesian (only me… hiks...).
Louise, our IT is Philippines. He’s quite guy. Never talk loud (he rarely talks, I think…), handy, and always smile. And there’s Bee Kim, senior secretary for our Managing Director. She’s a Singaporean Chinese. Sometimes we called her mommy, coz she looked like mommy. Even sound like one too… you know what I mean?? Fussy, talk active, authoritarian, discipline, and of course caring person. And our recept girl is Wendy, she’s Chinese Singaporean too. Young girl, just passed her senior high school and now study to get her diploma. She’s nice girl, always laugh, active, and I think never see her frown…
Our managing director is Keith, old American guy. (We called him grandpa on his back)… hihihi… and as American people, he likes to shout and curse people. If he mad, I can heard his voices yelling to someone from my desk. And the words??? Uuugh….
So, one day, he came late to office. And our recept not in her desk. We’d to swipe d card to enter or press bell, talk to d machine so our recept can open d door for you. But, don’t know why, grandpa doesn’t know about it. And you know what did he do?? He knocked… yeah… he knocked d glass door and yelled… hahaha… He forgot where he put d card. And don’t know how to use it also… hehehe…
Or Bee Kim, she always remind us to fill d water in electric thermos. Like this morning, she said to us. “For whose go home late, don’t forget to fill d thermos. If not, it’ll explode”... So, we asked her whose left late last nite. She answered whispering, “Me...”… And we all laughed.
First time I came to this new office, mommy talked to our crew coordinator, “I can’t issued the letter, coz our Ce Mei-mei already left”. And I wondered for few days, who are Ce Mei-mei…, why she didn’t show up yet?? So, when lunch time, I asked to them, who is Ce Mei-mei. And they laughed. Why??? Something funny with my ques?? And Wendy laughed loudly and looooong… You know why?? They called Wendy xiao me-mei (little girl). Hahaha…
It’s nice working with many people, with many cultures, and many languages. You can hear Keith yelling in his American style. Or Bee Kim talks with Wendy in mandarin. Pravind and Rakul discuss in India language (thanks god, both of them graduated in overseas, so they know cologne and perfume… hahaha).
(Now, Bee Kim is scolding our engineer, why he’s wearing safety shoes in office, “don’t dirty my carpet”)… hahaha…
Okay.. Got to work now… SEMANGAT!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment